Answered By: Arianna Schlegel Last Updated: May 18, 2018 Views: 46
During college breaks and summer, Vassar Libraries are open to the public. Check the College Calendar for dates.
When classes are in session during the regular semester, the library is closed to the public with the exception of the following visitors:
- Students from local colleges with a Southeastern New York Library Resources Council (SENYLRC) referral card from their reference librarians: 1 day or 1-2 week periods for special research projects. In-house use only.
- Members of CNY libraries, who have on-site check-out privileges for any materials which maybe borrowed through CNY.
- Students who present letters of introduction from their home libraries specifying resources that are unique to the Vassar collection
- External scholars: call 845 437-5766 to make arrangements; need temporary access card.
- Members of the public needing to use government documents (see a Reference Librarian for assistance, get temporary access card) For information about the documents collection, seeDocuments Collections.
- Family and guests of members of the Vassar community (accompanied by that person; need temporary access card)
Library staff may ask users to present a valid Vassar ID or temporary access card (available at Reference Desk)
For more information, call the Circulation Desk, 845 437-5760. For information about access to other Vassar libraries, see Art Library, Music Library, or Archives and Special Collections. For information about access for persons with disabilities, see Library Services for Persons with Disabilities.