Q. What do I need to know about copyright when I am putting something on reserve?


The following guidelines are used to determine how much of a particular work and what type of works can be put on E-Reserves.

  • Entire works if in the public domain (works published before 1923 and most government publications)
  • Requests to place a small portion of a text on e-reserves must be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
  • Print journals. One article per journal issue. In some instances, we may be able to place additional articles from the same issue on reserve, though requests to do so must be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
  • Electronic journals (Vassar subscription) The number of articles that can be linked depends on the terms of our licensing agreement. Some materials cannot be placed on E-Reserves.

See the Vassar College Guide to Copyright for more information. 

  • Last Updated Aug 06, 2018
  • Views 20
  • Answered By Arianna Schlegel

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0